Monday, October 27, 2008

Kotobuki Shiro says get off your ass!

So for those of you that know me, you know that over the course of my life I have always done some form of art and to a degree I can't live without it or artsy people. That being said, when I tell people of my profession, so often I get "wow, I wish I could draw" or "damn, I don't have an artistic bone in body", to which I respond, anyone can do art, talent is simply a bloated word for passion. Of course they often laugh and continue in their self doubt while I try to change the subject out of annoyance for such attitudes.

Now, there are many examples of people overcoming their physical or mental blocks to achieve mastery of a certain craft regardless of age, but today, I bring you Kotobuki Shiro. Now as a heads up, it may not be your type of art, but trust me, I'm going somewhere with this so take the journey:



Immediately, it seems like the typical Japanese artist working out his sexual frustrations through "art" but the kicker is (insert drum roll) Kotobuki-san is a quadriplegic who draws with a wacom pen tied to a stick that he holds in his mouth. That's right, he draws with his mouth dammit! This man is so dedicated to the fine art of tits and arse that he will suffer a splintered facial orifice for what he wants to do because that's all he has. I'll give you a minute to take that in...........hmmmm no working limbs and he's drawing better than most people I know, yep, still amazing.

So the point, if your not doing what you want to do or you don't think your good enough to achieve your dream, think of a drool soaked piece of wood with a wacom pen attached and I promise, you'll somehow find the strength to blossom.

p.s. - there was a video link that showed him in his studio, but the good people at Fuji Television Network, Inc. felt the need to take it down, the bastards. Anyways, google his name, look at his art and realize that's a mouth drawing that

links:

Kotobuki Shiro's site

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very outstanding, and great inspiration too